Check out the floor plan to find the exhibitors, products and sessions you want to see. Search the show and start building your agenda! MORE >
Below are some helpful tips for taking full advantage of NPE2012’s mobile solutions.
NPE2012 iPad Tips:
If you have an iPad, you can download the free NPE2012 app from the app store directly on your device. Once installed, you can use your Map Your Show account information to login and access your complete agenda and saved exhibitors, sessions or events. You can continue to add and remove items, search for new exhibitors and sessions, and even take notes as you walk the floor. The best way to get started is to simply login (or create an account) and start exploring! But below are additional tips to help you:
The iPad app includes the following features:
Welcome: View information about the show, its producer and the venue.
- Login to your Map Your Show account by tapping login (or you can create an account from the Login screen).
- Read information about NPE and the producer of the show—SPI: The Plastics Industry Trade Association.
- Find out what’s happening in Orlando and how to purchase discounted attraction tickets exclusive to NPE participants.
NPE Central: View your custom schedule, see important announcements and find out what your colleagues are saying. You can also keep your finger on the pulse of the latest show news.
- Your custom event itinerary displays with upcoming sessions and meetings.
- “NPE in the News” features show management press releases.
- “Show Daily” pulls the most up-to-date coverage from Plastics News.
- Twitter stream shows live tweets using #npe2012 – contribute to the discussion by tweeting directly from your app, just be sure to use #npe2012
Manage Schedule: Search education sessions and special events to build your itinerary for show week.
- Search by keyword, event type, track, or date/time.
- Add or remove agenda items to manage your schedule for show week.
Exhibitor Directory: Search and tag exhibitors you would like to visit.
- Search by keyword or product category for exhibitors that match your business interests, or view featured exhibitors.
- Filter your search results by those you have selected or visited.
- Read full exhibitor detail upon selecting a company, including company description, booth number, and contact information.
- View exhibitor location on the floor plan by double tapping the map image at the bottom of the Exhibitor Detail. Two images are available (one bird’s eye and one zoomed-in) that you can access by swiping the image. Double tap again to close the image feature.
Virtual Notebook: Take notes on exhibitors or sessions and contribute to the Twitter stream.
- Take notes on specific sessions or exhibitors by tapping the page icon in the details section (top left box) of the Virtual Notebook. You will then be able to select a session or exhibitor from among those you have added to your agenda.
- Email your notes at any time by tapping the mail icon in the top right of the Notes box. You can email that specific notes page or your entire notebook.
- Add your own tweet to the Twitter conversation by tapping the scribe icon in the Twitter box. You will be prompted to login to your Twitter account. Don’t forget to use #npe2012 to make sure your tweet appears in the feed!
Floor Plan: View a map of the exhibit space—both the West Hall and South/North Hall—to get the lay of the land.
- Tap the color-coded boxes that say “View…” to look at specific levels. Please note that the exhibit floor level of the West Hall is Level 2; the exhibit floor level of the South/North Hall is Level 1.
- Pinch and expand to zoom in on any of the floor plan maps.
Can multiple individuals use/share the app on one iPad?
- This app is designed to support one user per device because the login is meant to synch with an individual’s MyShow Planner account and saves selections/notes of the user. If multiple users want to use the device then the app should be unistalled and reinstalled.
How do I get a Map Your Show (MyShow Planner) account?
- Map Your Show is the official directory/floor plan/session search for NPE2012. Its interactive live floor plan and “search the Show” functionality is available on the NPE website. You are welcome to create an account on the actual website here, or upon installing the app and selecting “Login” you can follow the prompt to set-up your account on your iPad. Either way, your username (email address) and password will work on the website or iPad app.