INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the Services, PLASTICS collects information that identifies you, directly or indirectly ("Personal Information"), and other information. The information collected depends on the services involved, and includes information voluntarily provided by you and information collected automatically.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
We collect information voluntarily provided by you when you:
- Create an account and profile,
- Register for PLASTICS events,
- Submit an application for membership,
- Submit a job application or resume,
- Purchase any other Plastics Industry Association products or services,
- Participate in a survey or questionnaire,
- Subscribe to marketing communications, or
- Contact us with a comment or question.
The types of information collected may include:
- Personal contact information, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, and fax number
- Birth date
- Interests, preferences, and demographic information (e.g., age or gender)
- Order information, such as billing and delivery information and goods or services purchased
- Credit card, or other financial account information
- Login information that identifies and validates you as a user (typically a username/e-mail address plus password)
- Employment information, such as company name and title, and information contained in resumes
- User-generated content that you post or upload, such as comments, videos, and photos
There are two types of cookies- persistent cookies and session cookies. Persistent cookies remain on a user’s device for a set period of time, and are activated each time the user visits the Services where the cookies were set. Session cookies are temporary and allow us to link a user’s actions during a browser session.
Many browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you may be able to adjust your settings to reject cookies. Choices are browser and device specific, and if you clear cookies from the browser on any of your devices, your opt-out choices will need to be reset. Consult the "Help" section of your browser or built-in mobile device settings for more information. Note, however, that certain areas of the Services only can be accessed when cookies are enabled. Thus, disabling cookies may prevent you from accessing some of our content.
For a listing of the different categories of cookies and other technologies used by the Services and why we use them click here. Since relationships may change, the list may not always be comprehensive or up to date. In addition, different Services use different technologies, so not all of the technologies appear on every Service.
We and our third party advertising partners may use technology like cookies, tags and web beacons, to collect data about your use of the Services and others to provide you more relevant advertising here and elsewhere on the Internet. We or other third party companies may then use the data to provide targeted advertisements to you. Please note that you may be subject to the privacy policies of other unaffiliated companies when you select an advertising link or other link that takes you to sites not operated by PLASTICS.
To learn more about interest-based advertising and how you can opt-out of having your web browsing information used for interest based advertising by companies that participate in the Network Advertising ("NAI") or Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"), visit the NAI website (US) the NAI and the DAA Ad Choices websites (US, EU, Canada, and AU/NZ). Note, however, that not all service providers participate in the NAI and DAA. In addition, if you opt-out, you may still see online advertising from PLASTICS and third parties, but the ads may be less relevant to you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information in a variety of ways, including to:
- Provide service communications such as bill reminders, order confirmations, program registrations, and customer service messages
- Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information
- Deliver and process surveys
- Personalize and improve the Services
- Fulfill an order and/or deliver PLASTICS’ products and services and process payments
- Publish membership directories and registration lists as described below
- Tailor content, advertising and marketing to you
- Enable you to communicate with other users of the Services
- Protect our legal rights and the rights of others and conduct investigations
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Publication of Your Information for Membership Directories and Registration Lists.
We may publish your personal contact information and company information through the Services and in other print or digital media, including directories, membership lists, and other types of registration lists for PLASTICS’ programs and events ("Directory Lists"). Users may request their information be suppressed from Directory Lists by contacting us
Sharing Your Information to Fulfill Service Requests and Perform Business Functions.
We may share certain information with third parties to fulfill your requests. We may also share your information with service providers that perform business functions for us. For example, PLASTICS occasionally hires other companies to assist with:
- Order fulfillment and processing
- Answering questions about products or services
- Consulting services
- Data modeling
- Hosting the Services and providing database and server maintenance and security
- Sending postal mail and e-mail communications on our behalf
- Managing events and processing event registrations
Sharing Your Information with Certain Other Companies.
PLASTICS may share your information with certain other companies that offer products or services that may be of interest to you
Sharing Your Information When Legally Necessary or to Protect PLASTICS’ Interests.
PLASTICS may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on PLASTICS; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of PLASTICS; or (c) protect the personal safety of PLASTICS personnel or members of the public in appropriate circumstances. In addition, if PLASTICS and/or its assets (or a portion of its assets) are sold, assigned, transferred, or merged, or if PLASTICS undergoes some other change including a change to its corporate form as part of a bankruptcy proceeding or otherwise, information may be transferred as part of that transaction or change.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you have created an account through the Services, you can access, update/correct, and delete information contained in your profile using your login information. Subject to applicable laws, you may also have the right to request deletion of your personal information or object to our processing of such information. To exercise such rights, you may e-mail us at the address in the How to Contact Us section below. To protect your privacy and the security of your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access. If you are a citizen of an EEA member state, you have the right to contact supervisory authorities within the EEA about any concerns you have related to our privacy practices.
You can manage your e-mail preferences, including opting out of marketing e-mail messages, through your online profile or by contacting us. You can also unsubscribe from marketing e-mail messages using the unsubscribe link provided in our marketing communications. We will continue to send certain non-marketing e-mail messages from time to time, however.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Our servers are located in the United States. The data protection laws of some countries, such as the United States, may not offer a level of privacy protection equivalent to that within the European Economic Area or your home country. By using the Services, you consent to such the transfer of your personal information to the United States.
PLASTICS strives to implement commercially reasonable security measures to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. Nevertheless, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, PLASTICS cannot guarantee the security of your information.
LINKING TO OTHER INTERNET SITES
HOW TO CONTACT US
Plastics Industry Association
1425 K Street NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005
Phone: (202) 974-5200
Updated: July 17, 2019
COPYRIGHT AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY POLICY
It is PLASTICS' policy in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion to disable and/orterminate the accounts of users who may be repeat infringers of the copyright and intellectual property rights of others.
Notice For Claims Of Intellectual Property Or Copyright Infringement; Agent For Notice Of Infringement
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide PLASTICS' Copyright Agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the PLASTICS site;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; AND
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
PLASTICS' Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached as follows:
Office of the General Counsel
Plastics Industry Association
1425 K Street NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20005
Phone Number: 202-974-5271
Any reprint or permission requests to use any PLASTICS publications and materials must be inwriting to the following email address: